Monday, December 8, 2008

Weight loss goal

I'm hoping that posting this here for all the world to see will be enough to get me motivated to lose weight.  I'm at the heaviest that I've ever been, and I have got to do something about it.  I've been thinking about joining weight watchers to see if that is something that could work for me.  We've toyed with the idea of joining a gym again, but Nick and I were both so bad about going that it was a HUGE waste of money.  We also plan on moving in May of 09, so we don't want to buy any equipment that we are going to have to move.  I looked up how much it would cost to join the YMCA of Oak Park...would you believe that it costs more to go there, than the fancy gym we belonged to before??  I find this very disturbing.  How are the poor people supposed to afford a healthy lifestyle that involves exercise if they cannot even afford to go to the local Y?  Not sure exactly what I'm going to do yet, but the ticker will keep track of my progress.

No comments: